Are you 8 – 25 years old? Deaf? Do you want to make things better in your local community?
Then you can apply for our Young People’s Community Fund right now!
What is the Young People’s Community Fund?
The Young People’s Community Fund helps young deaf people make a difference in their local area by creating an exciting, new project.
If you know about a problem you or other deaf people sometimes have in your local area and want to help make a change then YOU can apply!
All you have to do is think of a project that can help make your local area better for other deaf young people.
This can be like setting up a sign language club at your school to help deaf and hearing classmates talk to each other.
Some of the projects that other deaf young people have done is things like:
- Deaf awareness at local sports centres like your swimming pool near you!
- Campaign to get more subtitles in cinemas
- Sharing about deaf awareness in your local community!
If you apply to our Young People’s Community Fund, we can give you up to £500 to help with your project! We know you can do amazing things and we want to help you do them.
What can I use to make my project?
- You can get creative and use art, drama, music, film or anything else you can think of in your project!
- You can use the fund for lots of things like hiring equipment, creating posters or doing an activity for your project. This could be like going to a local swimming pool to see how you can make sure it has good deaf awareness.
- If you are full of bright ideas and want to make a difference then you can apply right now!
How do I apply?
It’s really easy to apply for the Young People’s Community Fund.
You just need to tell us about yourself and your amazing project idea.
Before you apply, you need to make sure:
- You are running the project
- You work with your community for the whole project
- You are between 8-25 years old
- You are deaf
- You have a youth worker or training organisation (like your school, local group, youth group, brownies) helping you with your project.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have anyone so support you, just let us know and we can help!
There’s lots of ways to apply – just choose one of the options below:
Write it – fill out a paper application form.
Sign it – film yourself signing the project. If you are filming, email us and we will send you information about the different things that you will need to include. We will then send you a video about what you need to do next!