Are you deaf and aged 15-19? Would you like to make the life better for other deaf young people?
Join over 100 deaf young people who are changing the world as part of our READY research!
What is READY?
We believe it is really important that all deaf young people have the right support when they are growing up and becoming an adult. This is why we would like to find out more about you and your life growing up.
What do I have to do?
- Fill in a questionnaire every year and receive a £10.00 voucher!
- You may be asked to meet one of our five brilliant Deaf Young Researchers to do an online interview!
What would I chat about?
The online questionnaires cover a range of topics, including:
- Education and future careers
- Support you’ve received
- Language and communication
In the past year, over 100 deaf young people have taken part. We are looking for another 200 young people, what are you waiting for? Sign up!
Who can take part?
- 15-19 years old
- You live in England, Scotland or Wales
- You are deaf (this means any level of deafness from mild to profound)
Do I have to communicate in a specific way?
No! You can use sign language, speech or both.
How do I sign up?
Taking part in the research is easy!
Click on the link to check if this is for you and sign up. It has BSL videos and welsh language.
Answer some questionnaires online.
Receive a £10 voucher as a thank you for taking part!
Got a question?
Click here for the University of Manchester READY website, which is the best place to look.