Are you 13-16?
Become a member of our Young People’s Advisory Board (YAB)! The next YAB will be made up of 18 young people from across the UK and will meet at residential weekends between January 2018- January 2020.
Apply now! You have until Friday 1 December.
What does a YAB member do?
As a YAB member you will be encouraged to discuss issues affecting deaf children and young people. This might include topics such as health, education, leisure and social activities. and will cover topics such as health, education, leisure and social activities. Help shape and guide services offered by the National Deaf Children’s Society to support deaf children and young people.
Young people’s travel expenses, food and communication requirements (interpreters, palantypists etc) will be covered by us.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, here is what you have to do:
- Apply online or download the application form and tell us why we should pick you!
- Ask your parent or carer to fill in the parents form (either online or download)
- You can also download Welsh versions of our application form and parents form
- Send us your application online, e-mail email@example.com (attachments size no larger than 6Mb) or by post to: Participation Team, National Deaf Children’s Society, Ground Floor South, Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4LS
- Make sure you are available for an interview date.
If you want to send us your application using British Sign Language (BSL), please film your answers and send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments size no larger than 6Mb).
Remember you have to be 13-16 to apply and we need to receive your application form by Friday 1 December 2017.
Got a question?
Not sure about something or just want more information? You can e-mail us at email@example.com. Don’t forget you can download more information below.